Welcome aboard for the Final Good Company Public Test!
The following FAQ contains additional important information, not only for testers. Please read carefully!
What is the time frame for the Final Public Test?
Participants can play from 18:00 CET (17:00 GMT/UTC) on Tuesday, 10th March until 14:00 CET (13:00 GMT/UTC) on Monday, 16th March 2020.
How can I play the test version of Good Company?
All registered participants receive a key via email on the day the test starts. Please use the Steam client to activate the key and play the game.
Can I use the Steam key for future versions of Good Company?
No. The key is only valid for the time frame mentioned above. It does not give you access to future versions of the game.
Can I share information about the test version publicly?
Yes! There is no NDA. Any form of sharing information about the game is allowed, including streaming and other forms of content creation. If you are planning to stream your playing session, feel free to promote this on our subreddit and on our Discord Server.
How can I share my test feedback with the developers?
Please use our Discord Server, leave your comments on Reddit, or use the Steam Forum.
Additionally, we will send out a survey with questions about your experience playing Good Company via email after the test period has ended.
Is this the final version of Good Company?
No! Good Company is still in development/work in progress. Many elements are subject to change and lots of features are still missing. We will improve Good Company with each version. Please find more details below.
Which languages will be available for the test?
The Public Test version of Good Company is only available in English. Additional language support will be added on Early Access.
What else can I expect from the Final Public Test version?
- Character generation and company branding
- Campaign levels 1-3 (restricted to the first trophy in each)
- Freeplay mode (restricted to the first 2 markets)
- In-game manual containing details about mechanics currently present
- Basic balancing of mechanics currently present
- Core gameplay elements being implemented and playable
- Setting up a production line
- Designing product blueprints with product features and drawbacks
- Assembling products from modules
- Selling products
- Employee logistics system to manage production processes
- Market phases to simulate the aging of a product
- Limited product part technologies to research
- Hiring employees and assigning them to tasks
- Purchasing new facilities
- A selection of items to decorate facilities
- Polished environment and assets
- Sound design and original soundtrack
What shouldn’t I expect from the Public Test version?
- A bug-free playing experience
- A finished set of mechanics and features
- A completely balanced gameplay
- Mid- to end-game playing depth
- Final versions of audio/visual elements
- A Multiplayer mode
If you are unsure about anything, don’t hesitate to ask us via Discord!
So, that’s it for now. We are absolutely thrilled to have you onboard and we hope you enjoy testing Good Company!